Keto Blueberry Muffins
What could be more satisfying than a super squidgy blueberry muffins? A low carb, sugar free super squidgy keto blueberry muffins that’s what!
My son and i were getting creative with some ingredients on a cold rainy Friday afternoon a few weeks ago and the results turned out to be one of our most delicious creations yet! These little beauties are so moist and squidgy and the blueberries pop, making them taste all jammy and yummy! Far better than the carb-heavy, sugar-loaded variety and completely guilt-free! Get that mixing bowl and ingredients at the ready, you won’t regret it!
- 75g fresh blueberries
- 125ml double cream
- 3 med eggs
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 170g ground almonds
- 1 x vanilla pods
- 20 drops vanilla liquid stevia
- 45g erythritol
I have added links to my favourite tried and tested brands. They have no hidden nasties and are awesome!
A little tip is to put the empty vanilla pod into your erythritol container. It infuses the erythritol with vanilla flavour and makes an even better addition to your baked yummies!
- Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl (minus the blueberries) and mix well
- Add in the blueberries and stir, ensuring the ingredients are all thoroughly combined
- Allow the mixture to stand in the bowl for 30 minutes at room temperature before transferring to the muffin cups (this helps the muffins to rise beautifully)
- Put 6 muffin cups on a muffin tray and fill with the mixture
- Preheat the oven on 180⁰C for 5 minutes
- Put the muffins into the oven. Bake for 16 minutes at 180⁰C and then turn the oven up to 200⁰C for a further 4 minutes (total baking time 20 minutes)
It really is that simple! Get a nice cup of dark roast coffee brewed and at the ready for when they’re fresh out of the oven. Enjoy!