Indulgent Keto Chocolate Mousse
As far as indulgent desserts go, this keto chocolate mousse is surely way up there! Give me 3 simple ingredients and no more than 2 minutes of your time and let me transport your taste buds to another dimension!
This keto and low carb friendly chocolate mousse really couldn’t be easier! It’s super quick to make and tastes incredible! It’s one of my favourite desserts to make for friends. It always shocks them that I can enjoy a fair sized helping of it on the ketogenic diet too!
It can be whipped together within minutes and has saved me from derailing in a moment of madness on more than one occasion! We always have double cream, stevia and a bar of 100% cocoa in the house, hurrah!
I have added links to my favourite, tried and tested brands. They have no hidden nasties and are awesome!
- Melt the chocolate slowly over a pan of simmering water
- Pour the double cream into a separate bowl
- Take the melted chocolate off the heat and slowly pour into the cream.
- Add the stevia to taste. I use 15 drops and don’t like it too sweet – add more or less to suit your taste
- Use an immersion blender to mix the ingredients together. It blends very quickly and turns firm in a flash so be careful not to over blend!
- Pop it in the fridge for a few minutes to cool (if you can resist the urge to eat it all) I’ve never made it that far hahaha!
If you leave it over night in the fridge it turns solid and makes perfect keto chocolate truffles. Save some mousse in small bite sized chunks in the fridge over night. Melt a few squares of chocolate the next day and dip the solid mouse it in and pop it back in the fridge to set. Free chocolate truffles too! Delicious!
Voila . . . there you have it! Rich, delicious, indulgent and very satisfying keto chocolate mousse.