Keto Chocolate Muffins: The Ultimate Craving Kicker!
The main thing I love about being keto is the food is delicious! There’s always low carb alternatives to your favourite foods. But the one alternative I’ve always struggled with is chocolate cake! I’ve made many attempts to create the ultimate chocolate cake. They’ve been dry, rock hard, crumbly and some just totally inedible. That is until today. Enter keto chocolate muffins!
This morning my 3 year old son and I were playing around with some ingredients in the kitchen and together we struck it seriously lucky! We’ve managed to create some seriously moist, squishy, chocolatey and down right moorish chocolate muffins! You would never dream that they’re grain free, flourless and sugar free, not to mention super low carb and keto friendly! They’re going to be a firm staple in our household from now on. Within 2 hours of them coming out of the oven, the entire batch of 6 had gone. Both my small children couldn’t get enough of them and I was only too happy to let them both get stuck in. After all, I knew all the ingredients were super healthy and sugar free!
This recipe is super simple to follow and will be ready within minutes! They taste incredible warm with some double cream poured over them! Seriously delicious!
- 120g ground almonds
- 3 drops of vanilla liquid stevia
- 3 small organic eggs
- 35g erythritol
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp full fat, double cream
- 50g 100% cocoa chocolate bar
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
I have added links to my favourite, tried and tested brands. They have no hidden nasties and are awesome!
- Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl (minus the chocolate) and mix well
- Melt the chocolate for a few minutes in a microwave
- Add the melted chocolate to the mixture and stir well
- Put 6 muffin cups on a muffin tray and fill with the mixture
- Preheat the oven on 200⁰C for 5 minutes
- Put the muffins into the oven. Bake for 5 minutes at 200⁰C and then turn the oven down to 180⁰C for a further 11 minutes. (total baking time 16 minutes)
Voila – it really is as simple as that! I hope you all find them as delicious as we have. Enjoy!